Our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) company policy refers to our responsibility towards our environment. Our company’s existence is not lonely. It’s part of a bigger system of people, values, other organisations and nature. The social responsibility of a business is to give back to the world just as it gives to us.
This policy applies to our company and its subsidiaries. It may also refer to suppliers and partners.
2. Policy Elements
We want to be a responsible business that meets the highest standards of ethics and professionalism.
Our company’s social responsibility falls under two categories: compliance and proactiveness. Compliance refers to our company’s commitment to legality and willingness to observe community values. Proactiveness is every initiative to promote human rights, help communities and protect our natural environment.
- Legality – our business will:
o Respect the law
o Honour its internal policies
o Ensure that all its business operations are legitimate
o Keep every partnership and collaboration open and transparent
- Business Ethics – we will always conduct business with integrity and respect to human rights. We’ll promote:
o Safety and fair dealing
o Respect towards the client
o Anti-bribery and anti-corruption practices
- Protecting People – we’ll ensure that:
o Don’t risk the health and safety of our employees and community
o Avoid harming the lives of local and indigenous people
o Support diversity and inclusion
o We are a committed equal opportunity employer
o We’ll ensure that our activities do not directly or indirectly violate human rights in any country
- Volunteering – our company will encourage its employees to volunteer. They can volunteer through programmes organised internally or externally. Our company may sponsor volunteering events from other organisations.
- Preserving the environment – including but not limited to:
o Conserving Energy
o Using Environmentally-friendly technologies
- Supporting the Community – Our company may initiate and support community investment and educational programmes. We may provide support to non-profit organisations or movements to promote cultural and economic development of global and local communities.
- Learning – our company will try to continuously improve the way it operates.
3. Policy Review
This Policy will be reviewed at least annually, or more frequently where there have been significant changes to the company or the nature of the company’s activities.